Summer is here and it is trying to lure me away from work with tweeting birds and warm sun rays. Is that Dog Envy? The ability to just put life on pause and lay on the grass, a popsicle dripping down my hand and no worries but ensuring my water-glass is full.
So off I venture to the inter-tubes to find some inspiring combination of sweet and chilled that will act as an enabler to dodge the work I need to do. After being momentarily diverted by the Instructable’s Romance Pants I chase off after links and images of mouth-watering Nutella creamcicles, strawberry rockets, and limon-ade chills. Of course, given that two of those contain fruit, I aim directly for the Nutella creams.
Creamy Nutella Popsicles - from 52 Kitchen Adventures
1 cup COOL WHIP
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp. Nutella
Place all ingredients in blender and process until well combined. Pour mixture into popsicle mold and insert sticks. Place in freezer for several hours until completely frozen. Keep frozen until ready to eat. Enjoy on a hot summer day!
A list of “look awesome!”:
- Root Beer Float: Made with root beer, maraschino cherries and vanilla ice cream. From Erin Cooks.
- Pistachio: Made with cornstarch, salt, milk, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, shelled pistachios and green food coloring. From Erin Cooks.
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt: Made with fresh or frozen blueberries, honey and Greek Yogurt. From Hey Donna.
- Chocolate & Salted Caramel: Makes about a dozen, ingredients include cornstarch, a pinch of salt, cold whole milk, chopped dark chocolate and vanilla extract. From Endless Simmer.
- Lemonade Cucumber: Made with julienned seedless cucumber, fresh squeezed lemon, cold water and natural sweetener (Stevia, maple syrup, honey, agave). From Family Fresh Cooking.
- Peachy Coconut: Made with pureed peaches, coconut milk, vanilla. From Mother Thyme.
And, while this one isn’t a ‘make from scratch’ I am certainly going to be giving this Adult Twist a shot!
- 1/2 cup rum or pineapple juice
- 6 coconut all-fruit popsicles (recommended: Frozen Fruit)
- 1 cup demarara or turbinado sugar
Enjoy! and let me know what you think!